37On the last day of the festival, the great day, while Jesus was standing there, he cried out, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me, 38and let the one who believes in me drink. As the scripture has said, ‘Out of the believer’s heart shall flow rivers of living water.’” 39Now he said this about the Spirit, which believers in him were to receive; for as yet there was no Spirit, because Jesus was not yet glorified. John 7:37-39 NRSV
Are you thirsty? I am.
There are days I go without water, and then I am parched.
When I am parched, I can’t get enough.
I have found that balance in drinking the Living Water, ingesting the Word each day, helps me remain closer to God and more balanced in my own life. Perhaps you would like to join me on this journey. Please share as you feel led, remembering to accept and love one another other just as we are.
The texts chosen will be based on the 3-year Sunday lectionary cycle.
Drink and be blessed.
- Read* the John 7:37-39 text through the first time, taking not of the word or phrase that captures you. Sit with this word or phrase for a few minutes.
- Read the text through a second time, taking note of God’s message for you in the text. Sit with this message for a few minutes.
- Read the text through a third time, taking note of God’s call to action for you. Sit with the response.
- Give thanks to God for what you have received in this time.
- Share as you feel led by adding a comment to this post.
*You might find that reading the text aloud will help you to hear the word or phrase that stands out to you.