9When they came to the place that God had shown him, Abraham built an altar there and laid the wood in order. He bound his son Isaac, and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. 10Then Abraham reached out his hand and took the knife to kill his son. 11But the angel of the LORD called to him from heaven, and said, “Abraham, Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.” 12He said, “Do not lay your hand on the boy or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from me.” 13And Abraham looked up and saw a ram, caught in a thicket by its horns. Abraham went and took the ram and offered it up as a burnt offering instead of his son. 14So Abraham called that place “The LORD will provide”; as it is said to this day, “On the mount of the LORD it shall be provided.”
- Read the text through the first time noting the word or phrase that captures you.
- Stay with that word or phrase for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Read the text through a second time noting what God’s message to you is in the text.
- Stay with that message for 2 to 3 minutes
- Read through the text a third time noting a call to action. Is there something God wants you to do.
- Stay with that message for 2 to 3 minutes.
- What provision is in the word(s) you noticed today?
- Do you have a prayer for provision?
- Offer your petitions and thanks to God.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.