20When you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. 21So what advantage did you then get from the things of which you now are ashamed? The end of those things is death. 22But now that you have been freed from sin and enslaved to God, the advantage you get is sanctification. The end is eternal life. 23For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Spend 5 to 15 minutes in silent prayer and meditation
- Remember a time you felt disappointment with yourself, guilt, or shame. Be gentle with yourself.
- Where do you notice this feeling in your body?
- Allow God to free this place.
- Notice where you feel lighter. Lean into the lightness.
- Embrace the lightness. Embrace what brings you life.
- Give thanks to God for all that you notice.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday June 26 2011, Year A
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD.