40“Whoever welcomes you welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me.41Whoever welcomes a prophet in the name of a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward; and whoever welcomes a righteous person in the name of a righteous person will receive the reward of the righteous; 42and whoever gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones in the name of a disciple — truly I tell you, none of these will lose their reward.”
- Spend 5 to 15 minutes in silent prayer and meditation.
- Remember a time when you felt completely welcome.
- What feelings can you name?
- What do you feel these in your body?
- What do you notice about your breath?
- Remain in this place of feeling completely welcome, drinking in this gift from God.
- Give thanks to God as you desire.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday June 26 2011, Year A
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD.