The Welcoming Prayer
Welcome, welcome, welcome.
I welcome everything that comes to me today
because I know it’s for my healing.
I welcome all thoughts, feelings, emotions, persons,
situations, and conditions.
I let go of my desire for power and control.
I let go of my desire for affection, esteem,
approval and pleasure.
I let go of my desire for survival and security.
I let go of my desire to change any situation,
condition, person or myself.
I open to the love and presence of God and
God’s action within. Amen.
–Father Thomas Keating
- Identify three separate times today for The Welcoming Prayer.
- Each time, say this prayer and pause for 5 minutes of silent prayer to allow the spirit of welcoming to open you.
- If you stumble upon something that does not want to open or to be welcomed, take note of it and put it aside. Do not judge, just set it aside and move on.
- Do you notice new openings during the day?
- Notice any movement and invite God into these areas.
- Give thanks for those things that you notice.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.