42 “I came today to the spring, and said, “O Lord, the God of my master Abraham, if now you will only make successful the way I am going! 43 I am standing here by the spring of water; let the young woman who comes out to draw, to whom I shall say, “Please give me a little water from your jar to drink,” 44 and who will say to me, “Drink, and I will draw for your camels also”—let her be the woman whom the Lord has appointed for my master’s son.’ 45 “Before I had finished speaking in my heart, there was Rebekah coming out with her water jar on her shoulder; and she went down to the spring, and drew. I said to her, “Please let me drink.’ 46 She quickly let down her jar from her shoulder, and said, “Drink, and I will also water your camels.’ So I drank, and she also watered the camels. 47 Then I asked her, “Whose daughter are you?’ She said, “The daughter of Bethuel, Nahor’s son, whom Milcah bore to him.’ So I put the ring on her nose, and the bracelets on her arms. 48 Then I bowed my head and worshiped the Lord, and blessed the Lord, the God of my master Abraham, who had led me by the right way to obtain the daughter of my master’s kinsman for his son. 49 Now then, if you will deal loyally and truly with my master, tell me; and if not, tell me, so that I may turn either to the right hand or to the left.”
- You are invited to come and sit by the well today. Read through the Genesis text and imagine yourself sitting by the well.
- How are you led to this place? Notice any nudges in your body.
- Who will you meet at the well today?
- What words do you long to hear?
- What is your faithful response?
- Where is God in this meeting?
- Give thanks to God for what has been revealed to you today.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.