105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. 106 I have sworn an oath and confirmed it, to observe your righteous ordinances. 107 I am severely afflicted; give me life, O Lord, according to your word. 108 Accept my offerings of praise, O Lord, and teach me your ordinances. 109 I hold my life in my hand continually, but I do not forget your law. 110 The wicked have laid a snare for me, but I do not stray from your precepts. 111 Your decrees are my heritage forever; they are the joy of my heart. 112 I incline my heart to perform your statutes forever, to the end.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Spend 5 to 15 minutes in silent meditation using your deep breathing to guide you.
- What life do you see in the candle?
- Notice how this life is reflected in your life.
- What life are you holding in your hand right now?
- Where is God present in that life?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and the life you receive.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, July 10 2011, Year A
Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD.