- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Spend 5 to 15 minutes in silent meditation using your deep breathing to guide you.
- Notice where peace is present.
- Place you hands in front of your with your palms up in the receiving position. Hold that peace that is present.
- What sensation(s) do you feel in your hands?
- Savor the peace.
- Give thanks to God for this peace and anything new you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, July 10 2011, Year A
Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD.