5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.
6 To set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Spend 5 to 15 minutes in silent meditation using your deep breathing to guide you.
- Notice where peace is present.
- Place you hands in front of your with your palms up in the receiving position. Hold that peace that is present.
- What sensation(s) do you feel in your hands?
- Savor the peace.
- Give thanks to God for this peace and anything new you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, July 10 2011, Year A
Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD.