1 That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat beside the sea. 2 Such great crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat there, while the whole crowd stood on the beach. 3 And he told them many things in parables, saying: “Listen! A sower went out to sow. 4And as he sowed, some seeds fell on the path, and the birds came and ate them up. 5 Other seeds fell on rocky ground, where they did not have much soil, and they sprang up quickly, since they had no depth of soil. 6 But when the sun rose, they were scorched; and since they had no root, they withered away. 7 Other seeds fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked them. 8 Other seeds fell on good soil and brought forth grain, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 9 Let anyone with ears listen!”
- Light a candle remembering Christ’s presence with you.
- In a Lectio Divina-style, read the parable through three times.
- On the first reading, notice what word or phrase catches your attention.
- Spend 3-5 minutes in silence focusing on that word or phrase.
- On the second reading, notice what message God has for you.
- Spend 3-5 minutes in silence focusing on the message, word, or phrase.
- On the third reading, notice if there is a call to action for you in God’s message.
- Spend 3-5 minutes in silence savoring what you have received.
- Give thanks to God for your time in prayer and anything new you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.