James B. Janknegt
- Light a candle remembering Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit in a comfortable place with your palms up ready in a posture to receive.
- Spend 5 in silence engaging with the piece of art. Remember your deep breathing.
- What word or phrase arises in you?
- Spend another 5 minutes in silence engaging with the piece of art. Allow yourself to see more deeply.
- What meaning in the painting arises in you?
- Spend another 5 minutes in silence engaging with the piece of art.
- What call to action arises in you?
- Give thanks to God for this time to connect with art and for any new messages you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, July 10 2011, Year A
Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD.