27And God, who searches the heart, knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Spend 5 to 15 minutes in silent meditation using your deep breathing to guide you.
- Notice any weakness that surfaces. Be gentle with yourself.
- Seek freedom in that weakness.
- Notice where God is at work in that weakness.
- Notice any blocks to acceptance of that weakness.
- Let go of any judgment you have surrounding that weakness.
- Embrace that weakness.
- Notice again where God is at work in that weakness.
- Give thanks to God for searching you and knowing you and for the new things you have received today.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, July 17 2011, the Sixteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year A
Psalm 105: 1-11, 45b
Psalm 128: 1-6
Matthew 13:31-33, 44-52
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD.