26Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words.
27And God, who searches the heart, knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Spend 5 to 15 minutes in silent meditation using your deep breathing to guide you.
- Notice any weakness that surfaces. Be gentle with yourself.
- Seek freedom in that weakness.
- Notice where God is at work in that weakness.
- Notice any blocks to acceptance of that weakness.
- Let go of any judgment you have surrounding that weakness.
- Embrace that weakness.
- Notice again where God is at work in that weakness.
- Give thanks to God for searching you and knowing you and for the new things you have received today.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, July 17 2011, the Sixteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year A
Psalm 105: 1-11, 45b
Psalm 128: 1-6
Matthew 13:31-33, 44-52
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD.