Matthew 13:31-33, 44-52
44“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which someone found and hid; then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.
51“Have you understood all this?” They answered, “Yes.” 52And he said to them, “Therefore every scribe who has been trained for the kingdom of heaven is like the master of a household who brings out of his treasure what is new and what is old.”
- Light a candle remembering Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit in a comfortable place with your palms up ready in a posture to receive.
- Spend 5 in silence engaging with the piece of art. Allow yourself to dig around in the field. Remember your deep breathing.
- What treasure to you find there?
- Spend another 5 minutes in silence engaging with the piece of art. Allow yourself to see more deeply.
- What have you found to sell?
- Spend another 5 minutes in silence engaging with the piece of art.
- What field is calling to you?
- Give thanks to God for the treasures you have found today.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, July 24 2011, Year A
Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD.