Romans 9: 1-5
1 I am speaking the truth in Christ—I am not lying; my conscience confirms it by the Holy Spirit—2 I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. 3 For I could wish that I myself were accursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my own people, my kindred according to the flesh.4 They are Israelites, and to them belong the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises; 5 to them belong the patriarchs, and from them, according to the flesh, comes the Messiah, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.
- Spend 5 to 15 minutes in silent meditation using your deep breathing to guide you.
- What anguish do you notice in your heart?
- Where are you butting heads with your faith?
- What is at stake?
- Who are you wrestling with?
- What is at stake for them?
- How is God at work in the anguish, the head butting, the wrestling?
- Give thanks to God for this time in anguish and wrestling.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.