Matthew 14:13 21
13 Now when Jesus heard this, he withdrew from there in a boat to a deserted place by himself. But when the crowds heard it, they followed him on foot from the towns. 14 When he went ashore, he saw a great crowd; and he had compassion for them and cured their sick. 15 When it was evening, the disciples came to him and said, “This is a deserted place, and the hour is now late; send the crowds away so that they may go into the villages and buy food for themselves.” 16Jesus said to them, “They need not go away; you give them something to eat.” 17 They replied, “We have nothing here but five loaves and two fish.” 18 And he said, “Bring them here to me.” 19Then he ordered the crowds to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish, he looked up to heaven, and blessed and broke the loaves, and gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the crowds. 20 And all ate and were filled; and they took up what was left over of the broken pieces, twelve baskets full. 21 And those who ate were about five thousand men, besides women and children.
- Spend 5 to 15 minutes in silent meditation using your deep breathing to guide you.
- Imagine that you are one of those following Jesus.
- What have you seen Jesus cure?
- Imagine that you have been invited for dinner.
- Sit down on the grass.
- Notice how Jesus blesses the fish and the loaves.
- Eat your fill.
- Notice who you are dining with.
- What does if feel like to be filled with the food of Christ?
- Watch the leftovers be collected.
- What are your leftovers that are collected.
- Give thanks to God for the food that fills and the leftovers for tomorrow.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.