The five thousand
Eularia Clarke (1914-1970)
Methodist Collection of Modern Christian Art, No.6
- Light a candle remembering Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit in a comfortable place with your palms up ready in a posture to receive.
- Spend 5 in silence engaging with the piece of art. Allow yourself to sit in the grass. Remember your deep breathing.
- How do you connect with the painting? Do you see yourself as one of the five thousand? Are you feeding the five thousand? Or are you just observing?
- Spend another 5 minutes in silence engaging with the piece of art. Allow yourself to see more deeply.
- What message do you receive from the painting?
- Spend another 5 minutes in silence engaging with the piece of art.
- What action is calling to you?
- Give thanks to God for the feeding you have found today.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, July 24 2011, Year A
Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD.