5 Moses writes concerning the righteousness that comes from the law, that “the person who does these things will live by them.” 6 But the righteousness that comes from faith says, “Do not say in your heart, “Who will ascend into heaven?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ down) 7 “or “Who will descend into the abyss?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, on your lips and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); 9because if you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For one believes with the heart and so is justified, and one confesses with the mouth and so is saved. 11 The scripture says, “No one who believes in him will be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; the same Lord is Lord of all and is generous to all who call on him. 13 For, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” 14 But how are they to call on one in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in one of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone to proclaim him? 15 And how are they to proclaim him unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”
- Spend 5 to 15 minutes in silent meditation using your deep breathing to guide you.
- Use the Jesus Prayer as a focus to help you in meditation: “Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me.”
- Say this prayer over and over, allowing your heart to open, leading you to freedom. Say it at least 10 times, and another 10 and another 10 until you say the prayer without counting.
- Tell yourself, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
- How has Jesus saved you?
- What do you feel called to share about this truth in your life?
- Tell yourself, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and opening.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.