21 Jesus left that place and went away to the district of Tyre and Sidon. 22 Just then a Canaanite woman from that region came out and started shouting, “Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David; my daughter is tormented by a demon.” 23 But he did not answer her at all. And his disciples came and urged him, saying, “Send her away, for she keeps shouting after us.” 24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” 25 But she came and knelt before him, saying, “Lord, help me.” 26 He answered, “It is not fair to take the children’s food and throw it to the dogs.” 27 She said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters’ table.” 28 Then Jesus answered her, “Woman, great is your faith! Let it be done for you as you wish.” And her daughter was healed instantly.
- Spend 5 to 15 minutes in silent meditation, allowing your deep breathing to guide you.
- Remember a time when you asked and were not heard.
- Did you find the strength to ask again? Where did you feel the strength?
- If YES, how long did you ask before your prayer was answered?
- How is/was God at work in the answer?
- Give thanks to God for the strength to be faithful.
- If NO, consider this an opportunity to invite God into your need or desire.
- As you breath, scan your body for a place of strength.
- From this place of strength, listen for a message from God or a call to action.
- Let go of any judgment. Move toward freedom and light. Allow yourself patience in waiting. Give thanks to God for your faith.
- Give thanks to God for the strength you receive and any new messages you have heard.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.