1 If God hadn’t been for us – all together now, Israel, sing out! –
2 If God hadn’t been for us when everyone went against us,
3 We would have been swallowed alive by their violent anger,
4 Swept away by the flood of rage, drowned in the torrent;
5 We would have lost our lives in the wild, raging water.
6 Oh, blessed be God! He didn’t go off and leave us. He didn’t abandon us defenseless, helpless as a rabbit in a pack of snarling dogs.
7 We’ve flown free from their fangs, free of their traps, free as a bird. Their grip is broken; we’re free as a bird in flight.
8 God’s strong name is our help, the same God who made heaven and earth.
- Spend 5 to 15 minutes in silent meditation using your deep breathing to guide you.
- Remember a time when God was for you when another was against you.
- What peace did you notice?
- What raging water wanted to swallow you up?
- What vessel carried you above the raging water?
- What did you notice about being lifted?
- Which of God’s names do you call out?
- What praise comes to mind as a result of this time in prayer?
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.