Psalm 105:1-6, 23-26, 45c
1 O give thanks to the LORD, call on his name,
make known his deeds among the peoples.
2 Sing to him, sing praises to him;
tell of all his wonderful works.
3 Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.
4 Seek the LORD and his strength;
seek his presence continually.
5 Remember the wonderful works he has done,
his miracles, and the judgments he has uttered,
6 O offspring of his servant Abraham,
children of Jacob, his chosen ones.
23 Then Israel came to Egypt;
Jacob lived as an alien in the land of Ham.
24 And the LORD made his people very fruitful,
and made them stronger than their foes,
25 whose hearts he then turned to hate his people,
to deal craftily with his servants.
26 He sent his servant Moses,
and Aaron whom he had chosen.
45cPraise the LORD!
- Spend 5 to 15 minutes in silent meditation using your deep breathing to guide you.
- Notice how you seek God.
- The psalmist gives thanks, sings, praises, seeks presence, seeks strength, remembers.
- In this time of prayer, seek God in a new way. If you never sing, sing today. If you don’t sit in silence, sit in silence today. Somehow, seek God in a new way.
- Allow yourself freedom in this new seeking to be uncomfortable.
- It is as important to know what makes you uncomfortable as it is to know what makes you comfortable.
- Sometimes, allowing ourselves to be uncomfortable will lead to new growth.
- What message do you hear from God?
- What peace did you notice?
- Where do you find your strength?
- What do you remember?
- Throughout the day, allow yourself to come back to this time and try something new. (If you are stuck in prayer, trying something new can lead to new life in prayer)
- What praise comes to mind as a result of this time in prayer?
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.