Put on the armor of light.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Spend five to fifteen minutes in silence paying attention to the breath.
- What light do you notice in this glass art?
- Remember a time when you recognized a halo or a flash of light that was heavenly.
- What feeling did it invoke in you?
- Imagine Jesus placing a halo around you. Imagine this armor of light secures you.
- What feeling does this invoke?
- What promise to you hear from God?
- Is there a call to action in this promise?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer to embrace the light and to any new freedom you have experienced.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, September 4, the Twenty-third Sunday in Ordinary Time Year A
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD.