Exodus 14:19-21 (NRSV)
1b …horse and rider he has thrown into the sea. 2 The Lord is my strength and my might, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him. 3 The Lord is a warrior; the Lord is his name. 4 “Pharaoh’s chariots and his army he cast into the sea; his picked officers were sunk in the Red Sea. 5 The floods covered them; they went down into the depths like a stone. 6 Your right hand, O Lord, glorious in power— your right hand, O Lord, shattered the enemy. 7 In the greatness of your majesty you overthrew your adversaries; you sent out your fury, it consumed them like stubble. 8 At the blast of your nostrils the waters piled up, the floods stood up in a heap; the deeps congealed in the heart of the sea. 9 The enemy said, “I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil, my desire shall have its fill of them. I will draw my sword, my hand shall destroy them.’ 10 You blew with your wind, the sea covered them; they sank like lead in the mighty waters. 11 “Who is like you, O Lord, among the gods? Who is like you, majestic in holiness, awesome in splendor, doing wonders?
20 Then the prophet Miriam, Aaron’s sister, took a tambourine in her hand; and all the women went out after her with tambourines and with dancing. 21 And Miriam sang to them: “Sing to the Lord, for he has triumphed gloriously; horse and rider he has thrown into the sea.”
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Spend 5 to 15 minutes in silent meditation using your deep breathing to guide you.
- How has God been a warrior for you?
- How has God been a warrior for your community?
- How has God been a warrior your world?
- Miriam and her friends took tambourines and went dancing.
- How do you feel led to celebrate God’s triumph?
- How does this celebration bring glory to God?
- Who shall you invite to celebrate with you?
- What story will you share at the end of the celebration?
- Give thanks for the mighty power of our God, the time to celebrate, and any new messages you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.