- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Spend 5 to 15 minutes in silent meditation using your deep breathing to guide you.
- Use the text for today as a focus of your breathing. Breathe in as you remember “the last shall be first”, and exhale as you remember “the first shall be last”.
- Use these texts as a mantra, allowing your mind to move into stillness as you let these words quiet you.
- If any items on your to do list come up, write them down, put them aside and come back to your breath and let the words quiet you again.
- Is there an image or a person that comes to mind?
- How is this image or this person related to the text?
- What is the message for you?
- Is there a call to action for you?
- Give thanks to God for the breath and for anything new you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, September 11, the Twenty-fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year A
Psalm 105:1-6, 37-45
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD