- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Spend five minutes in silence paying attention to the breath
- Spend 3 to 5 minutes in meditation with this piece of art: THE LATE COMERS.
- What draws your attention?
- Stay with this image that draws your attention?
- Is there a message for you in this image?
- Allow yourself to enter the painting and walk around in the scene.
- Who approaches you?
- What do you hear?
- Are words spoken?
- Who is speaking?
- What are the words?
- What is your response?
- Is there a message for you in this encounter?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer with this piece of art and to recognize any new freedom you have experienced.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, September 11, the Twenty-fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year A
Psalm 105:1-6, 37-45
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD