May the Mind of Christ My Savior
Lyricist Kate B. Wilkinson, 1925
May the mind of Christ, my Savior,
Live in me from day to day,
By His love and power controlling
All I do and say.
May the Word of God dwell richly
In my heart from hour to hour,
So that all may see I triumph
Only through His power.
May the peace of God my Father
Rule my life in everything,
That I may be calm to comfort
Sick and sorrowing.
May the love of Jesus fill me
As the waters fill the sea;
Him exalting, self abasing,
This is victory.
May I run the race before me,
Strong and brave to face the foe,
Looking only unto Jesus
As I onward go.
May His beauty rest upon me,
As I seek the lost to win,
And may they forget the channel,
Seeing only Him.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Spend 5 to 15 minutes in silent meditation using your deep breathing to guide you.
- Allow the words of this hymn to sing in your heart.
- It doesn’t matter if you don’t know the tune. What tune to you feel in your heart.
- Allow these lyrics and this tune to enter your mind.
- What peace do you sense? Take an inventory of this peace, so that you may call upon it again.
- Do you have a verse of your own to add to these lyrics?
- What is God’s message for you?
- Give thanks to God for Christ Jesus. Give thanks to God for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.