31 Which of the two did the will of his father?”
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Spend 5 to 15 minutes in silent meditation using your deep breathing to guide you.
- Allow your mind to rest in beauty of the sky. Let nothing of this world come between you and God.
- Let go of questions you cannot answer.
- Begin to repeat to yourself, “Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done.”
- Use these words to slow your breathing.
- Allow these words to penetrate you.
- Where do these words rest.
- Is there a message in these words?
- “Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done.”
- What is missing from the earth that is in heaven?
- Is there a call to action?
- Give thanks for God’s presence and any new insights you have received today.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, September 25, the Twenty-sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year A
Psalm 78:1-4, 12-16
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD.