- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Spend five minutes in silence paying attention to the breath
- Spend 3 to 5 minutes in meditation with this piece of art:
- What draws your attention?
- Stay with this image that draws your attention?
- Is there a message for you in this image?
- Allow yourself to enter the painting and walk around in the scene.
- Seek your inheritance.
- What do you see?
- What do you hear?
- Who/what is there?
- Who/what is missing?
- Is there a message for you in this encounter?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer with this piece of art and to recognize any new freedom you have experienced.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, October 2, 2011, the Twenty-seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time Year A
Exodus 20: 1-4, 7-9, 12-20
Psalm 19: 1-14
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD