1 Praise the Lord! O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever. 2 Who can utter the mighty doings of the Lord, or declare all his praise? 3 Happy are those who observe justice, who do righteousness at all times. 4 Remember me, O Lord, when you show favor to your people; help me when you deliver them; 5 that I may see the prosperity of your chosen ones, that I may rejoice in the gladness of your nation, that I may glory in your heritage. 6 Both we and our ancestors have sinned; we have committed iniquity, have done wickedly.19 They made a calf at Horeb and worshiped a cast image. 20 They exchanged the glory of God for the image of an ox that eats grass. 21 They forgot God, their Savior, who had done great things in Egypt, 22 wondrous works in the land of Ham, and awesome deeds by the Red Sea. 23 Therefore he said he would destroy them— had not Moses, his chosen one, stood in the breach before him, to turn away his wrath from destroying them.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Spend 5 to 15 minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the breath.
- Read the Psalm verses one more time.
- Remember a time that you forgot God.
- What circumstances to you remember?
- What feeling surface around this time?
- Where do you notice the feeling in your body?
- Who intervened for you to help you remember God?
- What did he/she say or do?
- What changed in you?
- Is there a message for you in this remembrance?
- Is there a call to action?
- Give thanks to God for this time to remember and for any new insights you have gained.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.