- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you
- Spend 5 to 15 minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the breath
- Engage with this piece of art. The poor are invited to the feast.
- Spend 3 to 5 minutes in meditation with this piece of art
- What draws your attention?
- Stay with this image that draws your attention?
- Is there a message for you in this image?
- Allow yourself to enter the painting and walk around in the scene.
- What is the invitation for you?
- Is there a message for you in this invitation?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer with this piece of art and to recognize any new freedom you have experienced.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, October 9, 2011, the Twenty-eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year A
Psalm 106:1-6, 19-23
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD