1 The LORD is king; let the peoples tremble!
He sits enthroned upon the cherubim; let the earth quake!
2 The LORD is great in Zion;
he is exalted over all the peoples.
3 Let them praise your great and awesome name.
Holy is he!
4 Mighty King, lover of justice,
you have established equity;
you have executed justice
and righteousness in Jacob.
5 Extol the LORD our God;
worship at his footstool.
Holy is he!
6 Moses and Aaron were among his priests,
Samuel also was among those who called on his name.
They cried to the LORD, and he answered them.
7 He spoke to them in the pillar of cloud;
they kept his decrees,
and the statutes that he gave them.
8 O LORD our God, you answered them;
you were a forgiving God to them,
but an avenger of their wrongdoings.
9 Extol the LORD our God,
and worship at his holy mountain;
for the LORD our God is holy.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Spend 5 to 15 minutes in meditation, paying close attention to the breath.
- How do you worship God at God’s footstool?
- Where do you recognize this in your servant heart?
- Is there tension or freedom in this worship?
- Remember those saints that have come before you that have worshipped at the footstool of the Lord. Who comes to your mind?
- What pillar of cloud did they follow in worship?
- Is there a message from God in this remembrance?
- God invites you to worship at a holy mountain. Go there and meet the Lord.
- What call to action do you hear?
- Give thanks to God for God’s faithfulness, for the pillar of cloud to follow, and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.