34When the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together, 35and one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him. 36“Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?” 37He said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38This is the greatest and first commandment. 39and a second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”
41Now while the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them this question: 42“What do you think of the Messiah? Whose son is he?” They said to him, “The son of David.” 43He said to them, “How is it then that David by the Spirit calls him Lord, saying,
44 ‘The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at my right hand,
until I put your enemies under your feet”’?
45If David thus calls him Lord, how can he be his son?” 46No one was able to give him an answer, nor from that day did anyone dare to ask him any more questions.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit in silence 5 to 15 minutes paying attention to the breath.
- Name the ways that you love God with your heart.
- Name the ways that you love God with your soul.
- Name the ways that you love God with your mind.
- Love the ways you love your neighbor as yourself.
- What do you notice is missing from the love you share?
- Who needs the love you share?
- Give thanks to God for this time celebrate Gods love for you and your love for God.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.