1 O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
for his steadfast love endures for ever.
2 Let the redeemed of the LORD say so,
those he redeemed from trouble
3 and gathered in from the lands,
from the east and from the west,
from the north and from the south.
4 Some wandered in desert wastes,
finding no way to an inhabited town;
5 hungry and thirsty,
their soul fainted within them.
6 Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble,
and he delivered them from their distress;
7 he led them by a straight way,
until they reached an inhabited town.
33 He turns rivers into a desert,
springs of water into thirsty ground,
34 fruitful land into a salty waste,
because of the wickedness of its inhabitants.
35 He turns a desert into pools of water,
a parched land into springs of water.
36 And there he lets the hungry live,
and they establish a town to live in;
37 they sow fields, and plant vineyards,
and get a fruitful yield.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit in silent meditation 5 to 15 minutes paying attention to the breath.
- What do you cry out to the Lord today?
- How does this cry reflect God’s desire for you?
- Sit with God’s desire for you.
- How does your desire and God’s desire for you meet?
- What fruit is growing?
- Give thanks to God for this time to consider God’s desire for you and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.