1 Give ear, O my people, to my teaching;
incline your ears to the words of my mouth.
2 I will open my mouth in a parable;
I will utter dark sayings from of old,
3 things that we have heard and known,
that our ancestors have told us.
4 We will not hide them from their children;
we will tell to the coming generation
the glorious deeds of the Lord, and his might,
and the wonders that he has done.
5 He established a decree in Jacob,
and appointed a law in Israel,
which he commanded our ancestors
to teach to their children;
6 that the next generation might know them,
the children yet unborn,
and rise up and tell them to their children,
7 so that they should set their hope in God,
and not forget the works of God,
but keep his commandments;
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit 5 to 15 minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the breath.
- What does God desire for you to teach the children?
- Where shall you teach?
- How will this bring glory to God?
- How will God prepare you?
- What gifts has God provided you?
- What new hope do you perceive?
- Give thanks to God for this time to recognize the gifts God has given and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.