- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Spend three to five minutes in silent meditation, paying attention to the breath.
- What image captures your attention?
- What word or phrase comes to mind?
- Spend another three to five minutes as you enter the painting.
- Which one are you?
- What feelings to you notice?
- Do any memories arise in you?
- Is there a message for you in this painting?
- Spend another three to five minutes in the painting.
- What movement do you notice?
- Is there a call to action for you?
- Give thanks for this time in prayer with art. Give thanks for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, November 6, 2011, the Thirty-second Sunday in Ordinary Time Year A
Joshua 24:1-3a, 14-25
I Thessalonians: 4:13-18
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD