- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit three to five minutes in silent meditation, paying attention to the breath.
- Consider this painting of “Last Judgment”. Spend three to five minutes opening yourself to this image. What image captures you?
- Describe this image?
- Does this relate to something in your life right now?
- Spend another three to five minutes engaged with “Last Judgment.”
- Is there a message from God in the image that captures you?
- Where do you notice freedom?
- Where do you notice bondage?
- Where do you notice God?
- Spend three more minutes engaged with this image.
- Do you hear a call to action?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, November 13, 2011, the Thirty-third Sunday in Ordinary Time Year A
I Thessalonians: 5:1-11
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD