- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying close attention to the breath.
- Consider sheep and goats living together in community.
- What word or image captures your attention in this photo?
- What does this word or image say about God?
- What does this word or image say about you, a human being?
- What does this word or image say about your responsibility to your neighbor?
- Consider this photo again as it contains a message for you from God. What is God’s message for you?
- Beyond you, how does this message relate to your community?
- Is there a call to action?
- Give thanks for this time in prayer to listen to God’s message and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, November 30, 2011, Christ the King Sunday Year A
Ezekiel 34:11-16, 20-24
Psalm 100: 1-5
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD