Joy is prayer.
Joy is strength.
Joy is love.
Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Spend five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation, paying attention to the deep breath.
- Where do you notice joy in you?
- Where do you notice joy in the world?
- What net of love do you have to share this joy with others?
- Who needs to be caught in the net?
- What does God call you to do?
- Give thanks to God for joy and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, December 11, 2011, the Second Sunday of Advent Year B
Isaiah 61:1-4, 8-11
1 Thessalonians 5:16-24
John 1:6-8, 19-28
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD