4But when the fullness of time had come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law,5in order to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as children.6And because you are children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” 7So you are no longer a slave but a child, and if a child then also an heir, through God.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the deep breath.
- How does God show God’s adoption of you?
- What name for God do you cry aloud?
- What inheritance will be given to you?
- What hope is promised to you in this inheritance?
- What hope is promised to the world in this inheritance?
- What name does God call you as a child of God?
- What does God call you to do?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below?
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, January 1, 2012, the First Sunday after Christmas Year B
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD