- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the deep breath.
- What image captures you in this painting?
- Stay with this image, allowing it to open within you.
- Using your imagination, allow yourself to become part of the image.
- Where are you in the painting?
- Who do you encounter?
- What do you hear?
- Imagine you gaze upon the Christ child for the first time.
- As you encounter Christ as a child, what do you notice?
- What do you feel?
- What sense is most alive in you?
- The Christ child has a message for you.
- What is the message?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer to encounter Christ as a child and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, January 1, 2012, the First Sunday after Christmas Year B
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD