1 Praise the Lord!
How good it is to sing praises to our God;
for he is gracious, and a song of praise is fitting.
2 The Lord builds up Jerusalem;
he gathers the outcasts of Israel.
3 He heals the brokenhearted,
and binds up their wounds.
4 He determines the number of the stars;
he gives to all of them their names.
5 Great is our Lord, and abundant in power;
his understanding is beyond measure.
6 The Lord lifts up the downtrodden;
he casts the wicked to the ground.
7 Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving;
make melody to our God on the lyre.
8 He covers the heavens with clouds,
prepares rain for the earth,
makes grass grow on the hills.
9 He gives to the animals their food,
and to the young ravens when they cry.
10 His delight is not in the strength of the horse,
nor his pleasure in the speed of a runner;
11 but the Lord takes pleasure in those who fear him,
in those who hope in his steadfast love.
20c Praise the Lord!
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the deep breath.
- How does God’s grace gather you in?
- Where did God find you to bring you home?
- What wounds did God bind to lead you toward wholeness?
- How does God show God’s delight with your hope?
- What is God’s message for you today?
- How does God gather us in?
- Where did God find us to bring us home?
- What wounds did God bind to lead us toward wholeness?
- How does God show God’s delight with our hope?
- What is God’s message for us today?
- Praise the Lord! Give thanks for this time to be gathered in and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, February, 2012, the Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year B
Psalm 147:1-11, 20c
1 Corinthians 9:16-23
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD