- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying close attention to the deep breath.
- Pay attention to your body as you breath.
- What tension do you feel?
- Send the breath to this place of tension, inviting the tension to leave your body. Continue to send the breath to this place until you feel freedom from the tension.
- Name the freedom you feel?
- Allow the breath to carry this freedom through your body.
- Where does the freedom flow?
- Where is the Holy Spirit in this freedom?
- What is the Holy Spirit building in the temple within you?
- Is there a call to action?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer, reflecting upon the temple of the Holy Spirit within you. Give thanks for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, January 15, 2012, the Second Sunday in Ordinary Time Year B
1 Samuel 3:1-10 (11-20)
Psalm 139:1-6, 13-18
1 Corinthians 6:12-20
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD