- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying close attention to the deep breath.
- Allow yourself to become part of the story in this icon.
- Where are you in this image?
- What captures your attention as you enter the story?
- You hear Jesus calling Philip and Nathaniel to follow.
- What do you fell within you? Tension? Freedom?
- Spend another few minutes engaged with the painting.
- Hear Jesus call you to follow.
- What do you feel within you?
- Who is with you?
- Do you notice something new?
- What is the call to action?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, January 15, 2012, the Second Sunday in Ordinary Time Year B
1 Samuel 3:1-10 (11-20)
Psalm 139:1-6, 13-18
1 Corinthians 6:12-20
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD