-Dietrich Bonhoeffer 1906-1945
The Cost of Discipleship
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the deep breath.
- Hear God calling you to peace, true shalom: contentment, completeness, wholeness, well being and harmony.
- What in your life is leading you toward peace, true shalom.
- On the contrary, what in your life is leading you away from peace, true shalom?
- What do you desire to change?
- What in this world is leading you away from peace, true shalom?
- How is God calling you to overcome evil with good?
- What is the message for you?
- Give thank for this time in prayer seeking peace/shalom and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, January 22, 2012, the Third Sunday in Ordinary Time Year B
Jonah 3:1-5, 10
1 Corinthians 7:29-31
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author.
Permission to use in not-for-profit settings The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD