- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the deep breath.
- It is the sabbath, and you have come to the synagogue.
- There is a new teacher, one you do not know.
- This voice captures you. The teaching is authoritative like you have never heard before.
- Listen with new ears to the words that are said.
- What words are being said to you today?
- Hold on to the word or words that are said for you.
- Linger in this place.
- What new message does God have for you?
- Walk around to gain a full perspective.
- Who do you encounter in this place?
- Who is missing from this place?
- The teaching is over. It is time to pray.
- Give thanks to God for this time to hear with new ears and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, January 29, 2012, the Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year B
1 Corinthians 8:1-13
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD