3And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5For we do not proclaim ourselves; we proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord and ourselves as your slaves for Jesus’ sake. 6For it is the God who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the deep breath.
- Allow your heart and mind to settle the ways you proclaim Jesus Christ as Lord.
- Invite each breath to be a proclamation that Jesus Christ is Lord.
- As you notice your breath, is there a veil God is lifting to reveal something new to you?
- What light is uncovered to shine in the darkness?
- Let go of anything keeping you from this light.
- See the candle flame dance as you embrace the light.
- Give glory to God for the light, for time in prayer, and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, February 19, 2012, The Transfiguration of the Lord Year B
2 Kings 2:1-12
2 Corinthians 4:3-6
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD