- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the deep breath.
- The mosaic inlay represents individuals coming together as the body of Christ.
- Where are you in the body of Christ?
- Focus on one tile that represents you.
- What color are you?
- What shape are you?
- Are the edges smooth? rough? both?
- How do you reflect light with the color next to you?
- Name those in the body with you.
- What color are they?
- How do they reflect light in the body?
- Bring your focus out to the full picture of the cross.
- What do you notice about your position in the body of Christ?
- What is God’s message for you?
- What is God’s message for the body of Christ?
- Give thanks to God for this time at the cross and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, March 4, 2012, the Second Sunday in Lent Year B
Genesis 17:1-7, 15-16