- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the deep breath.
- Allow yourself to become part of the scene in this paining.
- Which person are you?
- What do you feel when you see and hear Jesus throwing things out of the temple?
- What image captures your attention?
- What is going on in your life that parallels this image?
- What is God’s message for you in this image?
- Who do you encounter in this image?
- How do these people deepen the experience for you?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, March 11, 2012, the Third Sunday in Lent Year B
1 Corinthians 1:18-25
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD