9 How can young people keep their way pure?
By guarding it according to your word.
10 With my whole heart I seek you;
do not let me stray from your commandments.
11 I treasure your word in my heart,
so that I may not sin against you.
12 Blessed are you, O LORD;
teach me your statutes.
13 With my lips I declare
all the ordinances of your mouth.
14 I delight in the way of your decrees
as much as in all riches.
15 I will meditate on your precepts,
and fix my eyes on your ways.
16 I will delight in your statutes;
I will not forget your word.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the deep breath.
- What word do you treasure in your heart today?
- How does this word keep your way pure?
- What freedom do you notice in this word?
- Open yourself to a new teaching from God today.
- Sit and be open to something new from God.
- Keep God’s word on your lips.
- Delight in the way of God’s decrees.
- Meditate on God’s precepts.
- Fix your eyes upon God’s ways.
- Go forward in your day with this sense of expectation that God has something new to teach you.
- At the end of the day, take time to review your day. Where did you notice God? Did you learn something new?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, March 25, 2012, the Fifth Sunday in Lent Year B
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD