12The next day the great crowd that had come to the festival heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem. 13So they took branches of palm trees and went out to meet him, shouting,
Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord —
the King of Israel!”
14Jesus found a young donkey and sat on it; as it is written:
15 “Do not be afraid, daughter of Zion.
Look, your king is coming,
sitting on a donkey’s colt!”
16His disciples did not understand these things at first; but when Jesus was glorified, then they remembered that these things had been written of him and had been done to him.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the breath.
- You have heard that Jesus is coming.
- You come out to the festival to meet him.
- What do you hear?
- What do you have in your hand to wave at him?
- What words arise in you to shout out?
- Jesus is coming for the world and for you?
- What needs to be healed in the world today?
- What needs to be healed in you today?
- Do not be afraid.
- He comes in the name of the Lord!
- Be open to receive.
- Be open to share.
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD