- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying attention to the deep breath.
- As you sit in silence, allow your attention to turn to this painting of Thomas touching the scars of Jesus.
- Imagine you step into the painting at this time and place when Jesus appeared to Thomas, the one who needed to see to believe.
- As you arrive to the place, who are you? Thomas? One of the other disciples? A bystander?
- What do you encounter?
- What do you see?
- What do you touch?
- Does this encounter open new truth to you?
- As you stand in the presence of Jesus, what to you need to see to believe today?
- Ask Jesus to help you see.
- Ask Jesus to help you touch.
- Be open to seeing as you go about your day.
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer to see and to touch and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.