I believe in Christianity
as I believe
that the sun has risen:
not only because I see it,
but because by it
I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying close attention to the deep breath.
- What captures your attention in the words above?
- What gives you freedom?
- What creates tension?
- Why do you believe?
- How do you see?
- Using your imagination, what picture or visual comes to mind?
- How does this picture or image help you to see?
- Step into the picture. Wander around.
- What is familiar?
- What surprises you?
- Where is Christ?
- Is there something new Christ would like you to see?
- Follow Christ.
- Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe!
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.
Revised Common Lectionary Readings for Sunday, April 15, 2012, the Second Sunday of Easter Year B
1 John 1:1-2:2
If you use these prayers in other groups, please give credit to author. Permission to use in not-for-profit settings The Rev. Lil Smith, M.Div., DASD